Built in 1669 (erection of the facade) by gold smith Jan Van Hoorebeke, the house “’t Vliegend Hert” or “Flying Deer” (right on the picture) forms a duo along with “Huis De Werken Van Barmhartigheid” (“Works of Charity”) located at the most important entrance to Patershol.

On the house the 5 sences are depicted, along with a flying dear, hence the name of the building. Above this, also a lute player can be seen (giving the often used alternative name to the building), on top a madonna with child symbolizes love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nam Jai - Kraanlei 81 - 9000 Gent -  Tel. 0473/22.80.11

NAM   JAI

Thai  fusion  Restaurant

Home

Nam Jai - Thai Fusion

Our Menu

Location, opening hours

The building

Foto album

Picture: Tijl Vereenooghe